The Audio Grabber is designed to download audio files referred or contained by a target URL page.
It uses the advanced extraction and filter engine to search the target URL page for audio links by checking its a href tags.
Screencast: Audio Grabber Presentation
Audio Grabber Features
WiseLoop Web Audio Grabber main features:
- smart audio recognition (common web formats and extensions, locations: under a href links or by content-type);
- default native support for most common web audio extensions (au, snd, mid, rmi, mp3, aif, aifc, aiff, m3u, ra, ram, wav);
- audio search and identification by the HTML content-type response header: the grabbing engine is able to identify more than the obvious audio resources having the most common audio file extensions - it will find the audio files that have no valid audio extensions or no extensions at all; the identification is made by checking the server response header when pinging the tested media resource;
- audio files extension filtering: only those audio files having the specified extensions will be included in the grabbing results;
- media url name (filename) filtering: only those audios having or containing in their url names some specified strings will be included in the grabbing results;
- media size filtering: only those audio files having the specified size (in bytes) will be included in the grabbing results;
- media count limiter: number of grabbed audios will be limited to a specified value;
- HTML area searching: the grabbing engine is able to search for audios only inside a designated HTML area specified by a tag; in this way you can skip grabbing from the start any unwanted audios by narrowing the full HTML target page to a smaller area consisting of a tag content; an incomplete tag (tag slice) can be specified also, the tag will auto complete depending on the contextual HTML content;
- fill the target URL (must start with http://);
- setup the filters (if needed);
- click "Grab Audio".
After the URL is parsed, a notification will be shown near the "Grab Audio" button that will also allow to browse through the new downloaded audio files.
The Audio Grabber Interface
- Please bear in mind that sites could use various methods for protecting themselves against scrapping; therefore it is possible that the grabbing procedure will return no results.
Please also consider that only audio files having direct link will be downloaded; audio streams provided by various sites (such as grooveshark or other online radio sites) cannot not be detected and therefore they cannot be downloaded.
- WiseLoop takes no responsibility if the targeted url changes its tag structure or its HTML DOM tree, resulting in unexpected data retrieval;
Also, WiseLoop assumes no responsibility for any abusive use of this software product and/or violation of terms of usage of the target URL; the user always should check the terms and conditions of the target URL to verify that data grabbing is allowed.