PHP Web Video Grabber
The PHP Web Video Grabber is a PHP class that is included in the PHP Web Media Grabber software product item.
It is able to search and grab videos referred (contained) by an url and then outputs an array containing the grabbing results.
This sample application uses the video grabbing engine provided by the WiseLoop PHP Web Media Grabber to search an url page for video links by checking its a href tags, grabs the founded videos, and then, displays the array returned by the grabbing engine.
WiseLoop PHP Web Video Grabber main features:
- Video media search and identification by the HTML content-type response header: the grabbing engine is able to identify more than the obvious video resources having the most common video file extensions - it will find the videos that have no valid video extensions or no extensions at all; the identification is made by checking the server response header when pinging the tested media resource.
- Video files extension filtering: only those videos having the specified extensions will be included in the grabbing results.
- Media url name (filename) filtering: only those videos having or containing in their url names some specified strings will be included in the grabbing results.
- Media size filtering: only those videos having the specified size (in bytes) will be included in the grabbing results.
- Video count limiter: number of grabbed videos will be limited to a specified value.
- HTML area searching: the grabbing engine is able to search for movies only inside a designated HTML area specified by a tag; in this way you can skip grabbing from the start any unwanted movies by narrowing the full HTML target page to a smaller area consisting of a tag content; an incomplete tag (tag slice) can be specified also, the tag will auto complete depending on the contextual HTML content.
- Downloading capability: the WiseLoop PHP Video Grabber is able to download the grabbed videos to the local server, so those videos can be referred or used as local resources in the future.